Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crate Paper Sketch Challenge

I am lovin' the Nook September Kit featuring Crate Paper's Restoration collection.  I took this really fun photo of my daughter and mother-in-law when I came home from work one day.  The photo and the colours in the photo really suit the Restoration collection well.  I used the Crate Paper's blog September Sketch which I turned side ways to the left.

Supplies: PP, chipboard stickers, die cut stickers (Crate Paper), glitter chipboard letters (K and Company), puffy letters (American Crafts), jewels and flourish (Prima), jewel bracket (CTMH), border punch (Stampin' Up), marker (Sharpie), blk pen, Creative Memories
The layout is a tribute to a fun childhood memory that I wanted to preserve.  For a period of time, my daughter was totally enamoured by Fancy Nancy storybooks.  My mother-in-law is such a great sport and will do whatever her grandchildren love to do.

Journaling reads: Every Tuesday after school is grandma day! Grandma plays whatever you want to play. This time you were holding FANCY Classes!

How to be FANCY like Nancy!
- glitter, sparkles and jewels are all the essential tools
- dressing up with lots of accessories,
- pick a posh puppy and pinkies up!

My daughter, who is also quite a clever writer, helped with the "How to be Fancy like Nancy" journaling. It was a really fun having my daughter contribute to this layout and working on the journaling with her.


TTFN!

1 comment:

LG said...

Love your take to the sketch! Fun memory too