Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nook U - Botany 101

The very flowery, bling loving, sweet Camilla's class, Botany 101,  featured the use of... you guessed it... flowers.  The assignment was to use a minimum of 5 flowers, with at least 2 different kinds (different sizes of the same flower did not count) and 2 different colours.

I had the perfect photo for this assignment that I have been waiting to scrap for some time.  This challenge proved perfectly suited to this photo.

Supplies: Flowers(Prima, Making Memories, PSX), CS green (Core'dinations), CS white (CTMH), fabric letters (American Crafts), jewels (SandyLion), pen (Creative Memories), Font (Angelina)

I kept the design graphic and simple to keep the focus on the photo.  My flower choices, as you can see, were based on the colour of flower petals in the photo.  I ended up using 18 flowers with 5 different kinds in 5 different colours.  I used Core'dinations embossed cardstock and lightly sanded the centre area of my cut piece to slightly bring out the embossed pattern.  I love, love, love how this turned out!

TTFN!

3 comments:

LG said...

Love the design and the balance of this page

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

such a pretty layout, I love it!

Nerrida said...

What a terrific photo and the layout design is just perfect to show it off.