Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Colourific Creation


Howdy crafty friends! Today, I am sharing am ICAD creation inspired by Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog's Play with Paint challenge featuring Dina Wakley products, July Ranger/Dina Wakley #ShowUsYourMEdia Grateful for Color challenge and Kathy Raccosin's Coloring Challenge.




I pulled out my gellli plate for this and created backgrounds on a variety of 4x6" index cards and several 8.5x11" paper too. I used Dina Wakley Heavy body Acrylics in Turquoise, Peacock, Sky, Lime, Tangerine, Magenta, White. I used the Mini Favourites stencil, Text and Scribbles stamp, bubble wrap, and a small spray lid.





I chose one of the more colourful ones as it fit the theme and then an idea formulated from there based on the Dina Wakley stamps that I have. I stamped the flower from the Abstract Blooms 3 times with Black Soot Archival ink and then filled them in with Black Stabillo All pencil and a water brush. Once it was dry, I splattered it with watered-down black paint. Once it was dry, I white heat emboss stamped the paint, bloom and grow script words from the set in the middle of each flower. Next, I added polka dots to the leaves with a White Sharpie marker and then some white splatters with it too. Once that was dry, I sewed around the outside area two times.




As you see, I now have a ready supply of Dina product inspired gelli prints for future use so don't be surprised if a few more ICAD's get made from these over the rest of the month.

TTFN,


1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fantastic design! I adore how much the embossed words pop against the lovely black blooms.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life