Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Time to Create


Vacation time for me equals crafty time but that doesn't just mean creating. It's funny because I am bursting with ideas having spent the past couple of days catching up on crafty sites, checking out the challenges out there and doing a little retail therapy (not that I needed a nudge but a holiday ale helped out). Now, all I want to do is immerse myself and create, create, create.

Today's share for Kathy Raccosin's the Daily Marker 30 Day Color challenge and World Watercolour Month is a watercolour card inspired by the Color Throwdown #600 colour combo and Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #153 Crazy For Coloring





Supplies: XL watercolour paper (Canson), Zig Gansai Tambi watercolours (Kuretake), Wonky Rectangles die and Fine Clear Embossing Powder (Simon Says Stamp), Merci stamp (Magenta), IO Beauty Text Cover a Card Stamp (Impression Obsession), Black Soot Archival ink (Ranger), black cardstock (Bazzill), pencil crayons (Staedtler), jewels (Offray)

I haven't painted loose floral roses in a bit and thought to give it a go with my Gansai Tambi watercolours on Canson XL. I did some experimenting with 2nd layer wet on dry painting. I wasn't thrilled with the results but thought... waste not, want not... how can I salvage it and use it for a card? Simon Says Stamp Wonky Rectangle die to the rescue. It was the perfect size to capture a part of my freestyle painting and give it a finishing detailed look. After heat emboss stamping the Merci sentiment, I thought it still needed something. Thinking of Kathy's recommendation of adding depth and details with pencil crayon, hand me taking out my pencil crayons. I went to work adding in some shading, defining some of the buds details, increasing the colour on the leaf veins, and adding a white halo outline to the Merci. Once I was pleased with the look, I matted the die cut panel onto black cardstock and then popped it up with cereal box board pieces onto a cardbase stamped with IO's Beauty Text background stamp using Black Soot Archival Ink. Lastly, I added some small jewels and called it done.

Here is the colour inspiration image:





If you are on Flickr, check out the other Simon Says Stamp Challenge #153 Crazy for Coloring cards.

TTFN,

No comments: