Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Inspired by Scraps


Hello Crafty Friends! When I was rummaging through my scraps to make the ‘find Joy’ ICAD, I came across this Tim Holtz large tissue butterfly and thought it was perfect for a 4” by 6” index card. Along with that I had a leftover ‘be kind’ stamped onto muslin for the last card that I found was too big and too bold for that one but thought it was just right sizing wise when paired with the big butterfly. 




I started by stamping the Kaisercraft Flutter Moroccan design on the index card. Next, I adhered the tissue butterfly with multi-medium matte and then clear gessoed over top of it. Once that was dry, I carefully applied Clear Rock Candy Distress crackle paint around the butterfly image covering the entire index card. Once that had set up and done its crackle thing, I then painted over top of it using Finnabair’s Tiger Orange liquid acrylic adding water as I went allowing it to seep into the cracks. Next, I used the Finnabair metallic Mermaid Teal watered-down with water to paint the lighter parts of the butterfly and then splattered the whole card with some.




Once all was dry, I used a black Stabillo All pencil to outline the butterfly and add detail. Then, I used a brush and water to activate the All pencil. Using DecoFoil adhesive pen, I put some on my craft mat and then used a toothpick to apply it to the very thin design lines of the Moroccan pattern in some places. Then, I used the adhesive pen along the edge of the card and applied the gold foil there too. Next, I distressed the edges by running a scissor blade along them and added splatters of Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz. Lastly, I adhered the pre-stamped Simon Says Stamp Big Words ‘be KIND’ and called it done.




Supplies: Big Words stamp set (Simon Says Stamp), Flutter stamp (KaiserCraft), Tim Holtz Tissue Paper (Advantus), Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, Multi Medium Matte, Jet Black and Black Soot Archival ink (Ranger), Finnabair Tiger Orange Liquid Acrylic and Mermaid Teal Metallique acrylic (Prima), clear gesso (Liquitex), Decofoil gold foil and adhesive pen (Thermoweb), black All pencil (Stabillo), Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Imagine Crafts), muslin (Misc.)


I have to laugh at myself because I went from delicate and shabby to bold and grungy. I really am an eclectic maker. I just like it all!

Once again I am joining in ICAD2020, Kathy Raccosin's the Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge, and SSS Flickr Challenge #154 Crazy for Coloring.


TTFN,


1 comment:

Trillian As said...

An beatiful card. Love the colors and how everything fits together.