Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Dina Wakley Product Play


Today was a rainy one which was ideal for spending the afternoon following along with Dina Wakley's Scribble Sticks Live class. I was neat to watch Dina's process and to paint some subjects that I wouldn't have likely painted otherwise. Once I finish adding details and binding my efforts, I'll be sure to share.

After that class, I felt energized and decided to finish off this card that I was working on and join in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Play with Paint challenge.





The kraft cardstock background was scrapped with gesso and then painted with Scribble sticks. I put down the leaves stencil and lifted off some of the colour using a baby wipe and then I splattered and edged it with watered-down Night. I stamped the sentiment and sewed it to the card with zig zag stitching. The flowers were stamped on Canson XL with Archival ink and coloured with Lime, Turquoise, and Night and fussy cut.


The bird was initially stamped with Coffee Archival ink on book text page but then I decided the text needed to be pushed back so I covered it with gesso before colouring it with Sky, Night, and Umber. I went back in with a black pen to define the lines.





Supplies: Dina Wakley Scribbly Bird Cousins, stencil from Little Birdies set, Lime, Sky, Turquoise, Night and Umber Scribble Sticks, Jet & Coffee Archival inks (Ranger), XL watercolour (Canson), kraft cardstock (CTMH), gesso (Golden & Liquitex), Fine Vision Black pen (Uniball), book page and branch (Misc.)



You can check out the SSS DT's great inspiration using Dina Wakley products here.


If you follow me on Instagram, you might notice that it is a companion card to this one that I posted there earlier this month but had yet to post it here. The stamps and stencils used are the same but as you can see there are variations in materials and design.







TTFN,


1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What eye-catchingly beautiful cards.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life