Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Magenta Warm Gelli Duo



A sunny hello to you! I am up on the Magenta blog today with this gelli print card duo done in warm colours.





I used a small amount of Rosebud and Golden Yellow Nuance mixed with water and brushed onto the round 4" gelli plate. I added 2 drops of clear gesso and rolled it out before taking a print pull on a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" white cardstock cardbase. I deepened the colour by adding more powder-to-water ratio on the second one.



On this one, I stamped the Birdsong Duet - Branches with Black Soot Archival ink multiple times using a stamp repositioning tool. Next, I used a black pen to doodle circles around the edge of the gelli print. Then, I stamped the Thinking of You sentiment with the Archival ink and clear heat embossed it. Next, I added white pen details and splattered white Copic Opaque to finish it off.



On the next card, I stamped with the Curved Branch leaves in two orientations, again with the use of a stamp positioning tool. Then, I stamped and clear heat embossed the Sending Hugs sentiment. Next, I heat emboss stamped the Butterfly onto vellum, watercoloured it with the Rosebud Nuance powder prior to fussy cutting it and adhered it over the leaves.


TTFN,






*****
Magenta products used:

Nuance - MNU017 -Rosebud

Nuance - MNU008 - Golden Yellow

2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Cassandra, the nuance on gelli plate creates such a beautiful effect :)

Kim Young said...

ahh these are beautiful... I need to be more productive too, it's been months since the last time I touched my brush and watercolor!